R had his 10th birthday. Can't believe he's been around for a decade.
And then he placed 2nd in the Pinewood Derby. It was very exciting as it's the first year he has placed.Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them.
The handsome husband and I got away for a night. Our good friend Jamie watched the boys while we were
gone. We had a terrific time. It was so nice to have a conversation and talk without interruption. There was no whining, crying, coughing, or phlegm-ing for 24 hours. The kids had all been sick the week before so this was especially nice. We headed to the coast and the above was our view out the sliding glass door of our room.This is what we look like without children around. Do you recognize us?
We hiked to the "Devil's Punchbowl". It is only accessible during low tide. It is a large area completely surrounded by rock, except for the entrance and the area behind Ryan where the ocean continues to roar during low tide.Do you recognize him without glasses and goatee? That is new this year too.
Here I am enjoying the tide pools. I am wearing my ear warmer although in this picture it looks like a blindfold.
We then hiked Cape Foulweather. It was a short half mile hike that wound around the tops of the cliffs. The view of the ocean and surrounding area was spectacular.
Here I am taking in the view.
Beautiful! I am glad that you were able to get away with your husband. I would love to do that too.
ReplyDeleteHello
ReplyDelete