Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January happenings

 Rhed turned 11 at the beginning of the month.  He had a birthday party and invited a few friends over.

 He got quite a few Legos and was one happy boy.

 He requested a banana creme pie rather than cake.


 Rhed makes a bowling ball and pins out of duplos so that Quinn can bowl.

 Last week Rhed and I went snow shoeing.  REI had an outdoor workshop we attended near Mt. Hood.  It was a beautiful day and we had a fun time trying something new.


 My friend Estella came and cut our hair.  Quinn was pretty cute.
 Rhed's scout group went snow shoeing on Saturday and they invited the parents to come too if they wanted. I wanted.





 After a quarter mile we ran out of snow.  So we turned around and held a log conference to decide what to do.

 It was decided we would head back down the way we had come, and find a place to eat lunch.
 It wasn't long before someone's thoughts turned to snowballs.
 Here is Rhed with his scout leader learning to boil water in the great outdoors.

 My friend Deb with her son.
 Here is the clearing we found.
 It snowed for the couple of hours we spent in this clearing.  But it fell softly and accumulated slowly.


 This is Rhed's other leader doing her "glamour" pose.
 The ladies sat and visited for a while and the boys threw snowballs at each other.

 Then it was time to eat.

 I thought Rhed was warming his hands on his Mac and Cheese but he said he was covering his lunch so that it wouldn't snow on his food.
And by the end, 3 of the ladies had joined in the snowball fight. . . . boys vs leaders.  Not sure who won, but everyone had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had snow (;-)) much fun snowshoeing! I can't wait for our cross-country skiing day! Thank you for letting know about it, and inviting me! You're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went snowshoeing! How awesome! I am quite jealous. I need to try new things, but we have no snow, so I'll have to look for something else.

    ReplyDelete