June and July were busy months. Ryan completed his ordeal for Order of the Arrow.
Winfield enjoyed his baseball season.
Quinn loved licking mashed potatoes off the masher but then refused to eat any off his plate.
Rhed and dad attended scout camp together. Rhed completed 6 merit badges and had a great time!
While Dad and Rhed were gone to scout camp for the week, I took the boys on a hike with some friends. Winfield found a newt.
After the hike we stopped by scout camp to say hello to the campers.
Back in March I bought 6 chicks. I thought they were all hens until, 2 months later, one of them started to crow. Once he started "bothering" the hens, the ladies moved to the coop and Roosty lived a life of confinement (roosters aren't allowed in our town) in the 4x4 recliner box in the garage. Ryan wanted nothing to do with bloodshed and asked that the rooster be gone by the time he returned from camp. With some coaching from Youtube and a blog, I took care of Roosty on the 4th of July. This is the before picture.
And this is the "after" picture. He made a tasty chicken salad.
Quinn turned 3.
And Rhed's baseball team won the championship. The last 3 years his team has always made it to the championship but then they have lost that game. So this year was particularly exciting.
Did you keep the newt? I recall you having a "newtist colony" once!
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed you did in your own chicken! Looks like you've had a fun and busy summer.
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't believe how much your kids have grown :-) Somehow even as your own kids grow, everyone else's stay the same in your head :-) Looks like you had a wonderful summer!
ReplyDelete