Sunday, February 9, 2014
Lots of Snow!
It has been extremely cold the last few days, cold for us anyway. Temperatures have been in the teens at night and around freezing during the day. We have a year membership at the aquatic center and usually go swimming as a family once a week. My honey and I try to swim laps a few times a week too. We try to meet up during his lunch hour. One of us will watch the kids (or kid) while the other swims. When it started to snow Wednesday morning, the schools decided to close after lunch. It snowed a lot overnight and there was no school Friday either. So we went to the pool Friday so the kids could burn off some energy. I thought the younger two looked hilarious on/behind this pool island, hence the picture.
Saturday we drove a short distance down the road to some hills so the boys could sled.
I don't think it snowed much if at all last year. So it's been awhile since the boys played in snow.
They filled the bins with snow, stomped it down, then inverted and dumped them to make building blocks for their forts. Yes, I know two of the boys are in shorts. They actually refuse to wear pants, ever. They have pants. But they won't wear them. And I try not to care.
Both boys trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues.
Someone was pretty happy with his large snowball.
Both boys were quite happy with their icicles.
This is a rare sight, icicles on the car. I think we got around a foot of snow over the last 2 1/2 days. We had freezing rain over night and church was cancelled today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! We had high hopes, but zero snow the one time it might have happened. Sigh. And Marian never, ever wears long pants. At this point, I don't think we own any in her size. No worries.
ReplyDelete